Wednesday 5 January 2011

No New Year Resolutions…

It’s the time of the year when big decisions are being made! People generally promise themselves to lose weight, quit smoking, exercise more, make up with old friends, talk to their families more, stop sleeping around and other various things that generally don’t really work for more than a couple of months in the best of cases. That is why most TV commercials advertise nicotine patches, fitness DVDs, dating sites and the latest fashion which are the fitness programmes for Wii or PS3 or whatever’s out there.

I generally don’t make this kind of decisions. I’m not the type of person who will start a Monday morning diet. I wouldn’t even think about it because I know I wouldn’t keep it. Maybe I’m being a bit pessimistic or lazy, or I simply don’t want to be disappointed. I don’t smoke. I would like to exercise a bit more and in order to motivate myself I register to take part in big runs like my upcoming half marathon. I also pay a personal trainer whom I make myself see weekly. I am generally in a happy place and I don’t believe that losing some extra kilos I have, will make me any happier.

However, that doesn’t mean I don’t make plans. I want to find a different job and I want to pass my programming exams (for a change). I’d also like to take part in a diving trip since the last I dove was last July. I also want to maintain my relationship and work on it to make it better. JJ is still in South Africa. He’s coming back this Saturday. I miss him terribly and in the back of my mind I’m actually thinking what it would be like if we lived together. On one hand, the idea of not having my personal space scares the shit out of me but on the other hand I can’t help thinking how great it would be. I’ve never lived with a boyfriend before and the idea is a bit daunting.

So, once more, I am not going to make any grand decisions. I’ll leave things take their course and maybe enjoy an interesting new year as I’ve enjoyed 2010. I have nice memories from the year that passed and I hope for a nice year to come… I do wish the same to you too

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I usually don't make any resolutions. Living well is the best resolution and I try to do that day in and day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to meet JJ at the airport?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bobby I agree

    @Cubby No, I am not going to pick him up from the airport this time. He's landing really early in the morning on Saturday and he's coming straight to my place since I live closer to the airport.

    ReplyDelete